Sunday, September 2, 2007

It LIVES!!!

The truck is now running and officially on the road. Seamus drove it around a bit to demonstrate the quirks (the steering box and rear axle/ring-and-pinion are a bit dicey), then I drove it back to the house. It's fun! But the steering wheel is not really for steering-- it's more like for influencing.

I got "full-timer RV" (meaning someone who lives out of their RV) insurance through Progressive for less than $75/month-- it covers the usual full-coverage auto insurance stuff but also covers Mexico driving, Fire Department Service, emergency expenses in case of breakdown, $2000 of personal effects inside the truck, roadside assistance, trailer towage, medical coverage for me and my passengers in an accident, storage shed coverage, etc, etc, etc. Sweet! Partly it's so cheap is because I am 39, female, clean driving record, own the vehicle outright and registered in a small town (Snoqualmie).

I am going to drive it into Seattle and use it for moving my stuff because Sean needs to use Seamus' trailer.

1 comment:

Noah Rattler said...

You are an inspiration. I am now looking for a step van that I can make livable, and then move into it. I just finished walking across the country (Houston to LA) and I really miss the freedom of living out of a vehicle (camper van). How is it working out for you?