Monday, August 6, 2007

Books and other reference material

I have been consumed with this project-- it's pretty much all I think about lately. I have this old graph paper notebook I carry around with me all the time and have done floor plans and elevations.

I bought books, all useful:

"RV Owner's Handbook, Revised (RV Owner's Handbook)"
Corp. Woodall Publishing

"Independent Energy Guide: Electrical Power for Home, Boat, & RV"
Kevin Jeffrey

"RVer's Guide to Solar Battery Charging: 12-Volt DC 12-Volt AC Inverters"
Noel Kirkby, Barbara Kirkby

"The Bus Converter's Bible"
Dave Galey


Much sourcing done on the web. What would we do without the web. Picture the amount of phone calls and whatever, only to find a fraction of the info. Before the internet, I remember going to the library and looking at their selection of out-of-town phone books as reference.

Basically I haven't had much to do at my fabulous corporate job (which I am ditching soon!) so I sit every day and search for parts. I have bookmarked many, many sites on my del.icio.us account.

I have decided to go as green as possible. This means bio-insulation, FSC-certified wood, recycled and scavenged materials.

I went to recycled building materials stores here in Seattle but didn't really see anything. Plus $45 dollars for a crap medicine cabinet that was painted about 50 times and didn't have shelves. I think they would be a good choice for doing a house but out of my weight/price range.

No comments: