Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Reinstalling the headliner (sucked)

Pre-drilling the rivet holes



Lifting the sheets in place



Riveting



One sheet up, three to go



Finished ceiling


We replaced the headliner with 4' x 8' sheets of Homasote between it and the ceiling for extra insulation. And we used the exact same rivets that were such a bitch to remove. Seamus pre-drilled the holes through the aluminum and Homasote, then we hauled it into the truck. We had to lift the sheets up and try to hold them in place while Seamus drove the rivets. They weighed a ridiculous amount and the sheet metal kept flapping around, the holes wouldn't stay lined up and there was much cursing and frustration. I tried to do the yoga thing and breathe, close my eyes and use my bones (not muscles) to hold the sheets up but couldn't hold them for very long. Then I got the bright idea to stand on a milk crate and balance them on my head which worked but gave me bruises on my skull. It pretty much sucked. I will have a LOT of holes to patch as well from previous users.

And I look goddamn fat in the photos (that...I didn't include).

No comments: